Meet the Hardest-Working Tutors in the MCAT business
MCAT Nerds offers the most effective, 1-on-1 MCAT tutoring on the market. Why? Because all tutoring is done by ultra high-achieving (MCAT Score 522 or higher, Top Ten) U.S. Medical School students who are deeply experienced with high-performance, 1-on-1 highly-customized MCAT Tutoring. Your MCAT Nerd will significantly boost your score by creating a highly-detailed study plan, customized for you, helping you work through the exact passage-based multiple-choice questions that appear on the real MCAT, filling in any educational gaps, and providing super high-value test-taking tips and tricks.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
We are proud to provide our students with the best customized, 1-on-1 MCAT prep available, from tutors who are proven MCAT Experts (all scored at least 522/99th percentile on the MCAT, and all are attending Top Ten U.S. Medical Schools).
Most importantly, each one of our tutors is carefully screened to ensure that they are engaging, personable, and supportive. Our tutors will help you build your confidence and overcome test taking anxiety as you master the MCAT content material. Our tutors formulate a customized plan for you to help you master every theoretical and practical trick the MCAT throws your way.
Our tutors have experience delivering results. Read our testimonials to see what students have to say!
OUR UNIQUELY QUALIFIED TUTORS
- 526 MCAT, 100th percentile
- Brigham Young University undergraduate, GPA 3.85, majored in Neuroscience, National Merit Scholar
- M1 at Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- Passionate about baking, philosophy, motorcycling, and weightlifting. Podcast host and gardener.
- MCAT Score: 524 (100th percentile)
- Virginia Commonwealth University Undergraduate
- Provost Scholarship at VCU, GPA: 3.97
- Other Interests: Hiking, Reading, Cooking
- MCAT Score: 522 (99th percentile)
- Medical School: NYU Grossman pursuing a PhD in Neuroscience
- Undergraduate University: Vanderbilt University; Magna Cum Laude
- Other interests: football, soccer, movies, cooking
- MCAT Score 525 (100th percentile)
- University of California, Berkeley
- Over 1000 hours of MCAT Tutoring Experience
- MCAT Score: 523 (99th percentile)
- Cornell University undergraduate, MS3 at NYU Grossman School of Medicine
- Over 1200 hours of MCAT Tutoring Experience
- MCAT Score: 524 (100th percentile)
- SUNY Downstate College of Medicine
- Over 1100 hours of MCAT Tutoring Experience
How and where do the sessions take place?
All MCAT Nerds tutoring is performed online via either Zoom or Skype. This way, you can be paired with the best MCAT tutor fit for you regardless of location.
Is there a lesson plan and schedule?
MCAT Nerds tutoring is customized to each student’s individual needs, which are understood through initial sessions and assessments. Our tutors have had incomparable success in getting MCAT students high scores, with overall score improvements generally ranging from 10-24 points. It is important to keep in mind that individual improvement is dependent on the student. If you are seeking a guarantee of a specific score, please contact us to discuss options.
Is CARS (Critical Analysis and Reading Skills) tutoring included?
Absolutely. Almost uniformly, U.S. medical schools consider the CARS sub-section score of the MCAT to be the most important for admitting students, since it correlates most closely with USMLE scores in medical school, so CARS tutoring is an especially vital component in your journey to medical school admission.
How often do you meet? How much do you charge?
Session frequency ranges from weekly to daily, and exact times and hours will be scheduled depending on your personal needs and goals. Hourly rates are $145/hr.
Most students receive between 20 and 35 hours of tutoring to achieve their goal. We understand that each student may have different needs and goals, and our high-performance MCAT tutoring will be customized according to your needs.